Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My name is Rose

My name is Rose. It used to be Daniel but I changed it. I'm still Daniel in a way like Mars was a planet but our relationship has changed. I haven't changed but my relationship to you has. And your relationship to me has changed. So now I am Rose. It was Daniel but now I am Rose. Aasp got to calling me Rose and Z got to calling me Rose and I'm here a Rose. A Primrose. I tried going back for a while but then I kept meeting more Daniels and one started working in the office and another at the bar and this was too confusing so I said, call me Rose and they did. So now I'm Rose. Rose is good enough. I don't have a last name because I don't need one. I'm just Rose. Come what may.

To avoid confusion I've put together a transition team, so you may see Daniel "Rose" Cosentino and the like but I will simply be Rose. The blog will remain the pRose, DC. (the DC a memorial to what was and where I come from and love to the family) but I am simply Rose and slowly the remnants of my former name will be shifted and turned and blotted and morphed out until all the little documents of my officiality will simply read Rose and only Rose. And I will be me and you will know me just as you knew me. And I will wait for you and I will look for you. Rose.

1 comment:

Sterz said...

fuckin right on !!!!!!!!!!