Sunday, September 14, 2008

fools

What God wants for me are things I do not want. Sacrifice is built in.
I have confessions my people, I have confessions my friend.
“But you are dangerous Daniel, you have no limits.”
“I do, I don’t lie.” “And you are not my friend.”
“I see.” “Maybe you aught to learn your limits, maybe your quest for this ‘truth’ is bullshit. Maybe you’re a fraud.”
“Frauds give up, I’m past that, but this idea of lying, I’ll consider.”
“There are many ways to lie ‘Danny Rose’.” Danny Rose spoken with contempt. “There are many ways to manipulate.”
“I see. And you think my questions now are manipulation?”
“They are then.”
“I’m asking.”
Silence.
So I walked, grabbed a bunch of papers, stuffed them in my bag and walked. I walked down to the bank, signed lawyers papers, had them notarized and walked on. The reason for any of it long gone, complaints of the past all stupid and base. The mourning of it’s occupants long dead and useless. In hindsight, the worst kind of uselessness, gone without benefit, lost to weakness of spirit, lost to fools.

No comments: