Thursday, September 11, 2008

the damned house

Work was too long today but steady. I earned something and I know I did. Then there was the burnt areas. I spoke to the boys after work and helped Z haul the heavy shit from the adjacent space. All in all the space was a success - 2 shows and a lot of work accomplished. I tagged on for the ride but gave it my all, produced. With the remnants back in my studio I tidied up and stared at the sculpture - thought of all that needed to be accomplished, thought of the industriousness wasted on distraction and stress. I thought of Buttercup, tucked up North with the never-ending headache and that damnable invasive thing, otherwise healthy cells gone wrong, otherwise well. I held out my hand after hauling the load and placed a dime on it imagining it heavy and my body light so that in space I eventually begin to orbit the dime as it gets heavier and denser. This drifting while at first like birth begins to produce nausea and before long I am sick from the travel. Weary I fall asleep.

No comments: