Saturday, November 8, 2008

Leaping Deer Legends Corn Maze

I was born in an ostrich egg in the center of a corn maze, Leaping Deer Legends Corn Maze just outside of Waterloo Ontario. A loon showed me the way out. In all those years prior I never saw the deer though some insist they're there. It remains a place of faith for some which is how I was raised and that to look for the animals was akin to searching for evidence of the divinity of God. And that to see a Leaping Deer was to see an angel. Some don't believe. The loon which grazed the swampy southern periphery of the maze believed and when she found me knew my plight and from above found the key to escape and showed me. On the outside not too many years into the mapped and unmazed existence of North America I met a young scientist that studied the maze and searched for evidence in the corn for the rut of the deer. She found scat and prints and hair but never saw the animal even with the heat sensitive night scopes placed about the periphery continually scanning the rows for their presence. In the end she didn't believe but the evidence was enough to suggest something was or had been keen enough to fool her into researching more. The scientist finished her project, gave up and left. I left too. I re-entered the maze again after floating the oceans in a hollow shell of a downed airliner but that's a different story. I write this post from here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!