Monday, January 21, 2008

The Park

Shortly before or shortly after (I can't recall which) I knew I was going to leave _ _ _ _ we made these videos in the Highland Park, near the hospital that strapped me into the psyche ward when I thought the depression of betrayal would end me. They were to be used as composites with the portraits we made a few days prior or a few days after (I can't recall which) for a video sculpture garden using the projectors and televisions. I'd been avoiding looking at them just as I avoid checking the myspace pages for fear of a cryptic message or public retaliation. For fear she'd break my heart worse than the reality of it already has. Tonight I looked anyway like watching the needle draw blood from my easy veins and put together these views. I wish I could share them with you, rich and full, as I see them here in the frozen studio on the coldest night of this winter so far.

We move on. I recall locking mouths with my lover in Glacier Park and sucking to feel the warm air from her lungs fill mine. I recall her teaching me to hum with my lips pressed to her vulva. I recall the feel of it like it was yesterday. Like the breadth of North Dakota heading east. Heading back into it.



apologies on compromised web video quality

2 comments:

riseup said...

lovely compositions

economywine said...

truly, an inspired gift of pain...